Friday, June 20, 2008

Flight Info

Wondering if it's in our best interest to travel with a neckrest pillow & blanket. This will be our longest flight ever!

C&J

2 comments:

Lyn said...

I've flown to Europe twice now. (it will be 3 times in a couple of weeks :-)) We haven't used a neck pillow - occasionally I wish I had one, but not enough to want to carry it with me. They make some inflatable ones that might be more compact. As for a blanket - the airlines have always given them out on every seat for the overnight flights. I suspect that would be the case here as well. Others may have opinions as well. I'm going to travel as light as possible, and have one change of clothes in my carry on just in case.

Aaron said...

As Lyn mentioned, you will receive a pillow and blanket on the flight. It can be hard to sleep sitting up - my neck is always falling over. An inflated travel pillow for $1 or $2 can usually be found that can help support the neck and be a bit more comfortable and also easy to carry. Maybe what you should bring is ear plugs and an eye mask. These will most likely also be provided on the flight, but they might come in useful here as well if the weekend parties or concerts at the stadium next door are too noisy.

Personally, I pack noise cancelling headphones. You can typically use your own headphones on the flight, so if you are interested in the music and/or movies, if you have good headphones, its a good idea.

For your baggage, if your bags aren't unique (black and square like all the rest), it may be useful to put a green string or something on them to easily identify them. I would also recommend using luggage locks - the TSA approved kind so that they are not busted open in the US. You do want to be careful about what you put into your packed baggage - things can be stolen out of them in the Dakar airport, and I have had it happen and heard of it happening to others, and there is not much you can do (Delta will only cover a certain amount of valuables in packed luggage, I don't know what it is).